There is a special provision in the Firmware 0x1A7 and the latest Apps to check whether the devices have the latest firmware or not.
We can visually check the firmware.
- Ensure the device(s) you want to check the firmware version are ON
- You are near the device(s), in a communication range, generally, within 20 ft from the device or 20 ft from at least one device in the group of devices when performing the action without the gateway.
- In case the gateway is present, ensure the commands are going through by sending a specific ON/OFF or some channel setting command.
- As shown in the screenshot below there is an option to “Check Firmware Visually” In the Developer option of the app. Clicking on that will send a command to all the devices in the network and devices will Blink Red-Red-White-White color sequence if they have the latest firmware which is 0x1A7.
- Go to Network → More → Developer Options → Check Firmware Visually.
- The lights will blink Red-Red-White-White
- Please see the video attached as well for the same.